Pages List

12/03/2012

HOW TO: DIY Ombre Nails

There was a time where I only applied a single nail color on to my nails, and that was it. That was all I knew how to do. Until one day, I came across this very simple tutorial on how to get ombre nails using a simple tool from home. That simple tool was a 'makeup sponge'. Now, why in the world couldn't I have thought about that?! Who knows.. the fact of the matter was, that it worked! Ever since that day, I've been determined, or better yet "addicted" to doing my own nails and trying out different designs and ideas from watching or reading these tutorials. 


Neon Ombre Design
For those of you who are wondering how exactly do you use or apply this ombre method with a makeup sponge? Ask no more! You will be learning that today. Here is a picture of my first ombre nails:
I used Neon Yellow and Neon Orange nail lacquer from Kleancolor. I wanted my nails to pop, and they did! 

Here are the items you will need:

  1. A makeup sponge applicator; you may also use a sponge tip eyeshadow applicator. I prefer the makeup sponge, only because it doesn't absorb or dry the nail polish as fast as the tip of an eyeshadow applicator.
  2. A clear Base Coat/Top Coat nail polish.
  3. Two of your choice in color nail polish; you may add three or more if you'd like.
Here are the steps I took to create my Ombre look:
  1. Apply one coat of the clear base/top coat and let it dry completely.
  2. Apply the first color of your choice to the corner or edge of the sponge;                                                                                     *QUICK NOTE: There are two ways (that I know of, so far), to apply the polish onto the nails. (1) You can do it by applying one color at a time; or (2) You can add both colors to a piece of the sponge, one color on the top and the second on the bottom. I prefer one at a time so that you can work the polish better over the nails.*
  3. After applying the polish onto the sponge, begin by lightly dabbing/patting the sponge onto the nails. Work the polish from the top of the nail to the middle of each nail. Apply more nail polish to the sponge as needed.
  4. Repeat steps 2 and 3 with the second color and apply it to the second half of your nails, working from the tip of the nails up to the middle, where the first color meets. Let it dry.
  5. Apply a coat of the clear base/top coat, and VOILA! Your done!!
Click here for the actual tutorial that I used. I hope you enjoyed friends! 

For more Ombre ideas, scroll down to see the following pictures:


Source: didolines-nails.com via Karina on Pinterest - BLACK AND WHTE OMBRE
Source: beautylish.com via Karina on Pinterest - HOLO-OMBRE
Source: pshiiit.com via Karina on Pinterest - BLUE OMBRE

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous4/09/2014

    Hmm it seems like your blog ate my first comment (it was extremely long) so I guess I'll just sum
    it up what I wrote and say, I'm thoroughly enjoying your blog.
    I too am an aspiring blog writer but I'm still new
    to everything. Do you have any helpful hints for novice blog writers?
    I'd certainly appreciate it.

    Here is my site ... short hairstyles for women

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7/22/2014

    My brother suggesated I might like this blog. He was totally right.
    This ppst truly made my day. You cann't imagine simply
    how much time I had spent for this info! Thanks!

    my web-site - illuminatural 6i reviews

    ReplyDelete