There was a time where I only applied a single nail color on to my nails, and that was it. That was all I knew how to do. Until one day, I came across this very simple tutorial on how to get ombre nails using a simple tool from home. That simple tool was a 'makeup sponge'. Now, why in the world couldn't I have thought about that?! Who knows.. the fact of the matter was, that it worked! Ever since that day, I've been determined, or better yet "addicted" to doing my own nails and trying out different designs and ideas from watching or reading these tutorials.
|Neon Ombre Design|
Here are the items you will need:
- A makeup sponge applicator; you may also use a sponge tip eyeshadow applicator. I prefer the makeup sponge, only because it doesn't absorb or dry the nail polish as fast as the tip of an eyeshadow applicator.
- A clear Base Coat/Top Coat nail polish.
- Two of your choice in color nail polish; you may add three or more if you'd like.
- Apply one coat of the clear base/top coat and let it dry completely.
- Apply the first color of your choice to the corner or edge of the sponge; *QUICK NOTE: There are two ways (that I know of, so far), to apply the polish onto the nails. (1) You can do it by applying one color at a time; or (2) You can add both colors to a piece of the sponge, one color on the top and the second on the bottom. I prefer one at a time so that you can work the polish better over the nails.*
- After applying the polish onto the sponge, begin by lightly dabbing/patting the sponge onto the nails. Work the polish from the top of the nail to the middle of each nail. Apply more nail polish to the sponge as needed.
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 with the second color and apply it to the second half of your nails, working from the tip of the nails up to the middle, where the first color meets. Let it dry.
- Apply a coat of the clear base/top coat, and VOILA! Your done!!
For more Ombre ideas, scroll down to see the following pictures: